Answered

Notion Mapping - File Option

• 15 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi - I recently integrated my typeform to my notion account and mapped out all relevant fields. however, at the mapping stage, typeform/notion does not seem to recognize “file upload” as a question in the drop down, when it’s clearly part of the typeform in general. Because it is not recognized, I’m unable to get all the data required from the typeform to notion fields. 

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 June 2021, 17:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarthak Rastogi thanks for stopping by! Welcome to the community. :grin: The file upload question isn’t currently supported in our native Notion integration, and you can read more about this and other limitations here.

If the file question is a dealbreaker for you, you could use a service like Zapier or Integromat (which @Michaela can speak more to!) to send the data over instead. Would either of those work for you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Sarthak Rastogi , welcome to the community :slight_smile:

As much as we are all excited about the Notion API being out there, we have to bear in mind that it’s still in beta and it does not allow working with files (yet). That’s why this kind of operation cannot be included in the integration/automation endeavours now. 

If you are, however, looking to connect Typeform and Notion in ways the native integration does not support, Integromat sure can be of service :blush: . The Notion integration features a bunch of pre-made actions and triggers related to databases and pages. There’s also the universal ‘Make an API Call’ option that lets you reach anything that is included in Notion’s API.

For more detailed info, you can check out the integration pages of both Typeform and Notion to see what the possibilities are :raised_hands:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

thank you @Michaela for your detailed answer 🙂

Once the Notion API lets us upload files we will add it to the current integration 😉

HI,

I am trying to get a file from a respondent and add it to a Notion database, however, I cannot download it and attach it.

Anyone here had a similar problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JoMou Thanks for stopping by the community! I added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you have any other questions. :grinning: