Answered

Pass parameters from ConvertKit Optins to TypeForm? (Pre-filled or Skipped Fields)

• 8 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to improve the completion rate of my TypeForm.

One idea was to run my visitors to an optin page first (via ConvertKit) so they have to opt into my email list first and then send them to the TypeForm.

(This way, I can tag them when they opt in (prior to completing the form), and then again after they complete/submit the form. If they start but don't complete the form, I can encourage them to come back.)

I don't think a "form abandon" feature is built into TypeForm, so I'd be doing this with ConvertKit and TypeForm's integration.

Saying that, if people opt into my ConvertKit list using their name and email – and I redirect them to the TypeForm survey afterwards – is there a way to pass those parameters (name and email) to the TypeForm so those questions are pre-filled (or skipped), so the visitors wouldn't have to enter them again?

And to clarify – these would be (a) new leads to TypeForm, and (b) visitors who don’t have any history in TypeForm to pull data from (such as from other TypeForms). I’m simply looking to pass parameters from ConvertKit to Typeform dynamically, if there’s a way to do that.

Hope this makes sense... Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 December 2021, 16:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tomness Thanks for popping by the community! It may be possible to do this, if ConvertKit has merge fields that can be passed into the redirect URL. 

For example, I think the set up would be similar to this one

It does look like they have merge tags in the Liquid language they use, explained in their help center article here, which could be applied to the redirect URL in the form you have with them. 

Hopefully this helps a bit!