Answered

Passing hidden fields from ConvertKit Landing Page

• 13 February 2023
  • 7 replies

I’m creating a workflow with ConvertKit and Typeform where:

1. User signs up for lead magnet through ConvertKit Landing Page
  2. User is sent to a ConverKit Thank-You Page with an embedded Typeform survey

Is it possible to send the user’s name and/or email from the CK Landing Page to the Typeform survey in the Thank-You page?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 February 2023, 18:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JuliannaYY Happy Tuesday! If ConvertKit has the option to send data through hidden fields, you would just need to follow the process here to pass in the data. Do you know if you’re passing the data already from the ConvertKit landing page to the Thank You page in the URL? 

Hi @Liz 

After a bit of bumping around, I figured out how to get ConvertKit to pass the data. I was able to get the field names and added the following to my embed code:

data-tf-transitive-search-params="first_name, email" data-tf-hidden="name=xxxxx,email=xxxxx"

When I go to the embed options, I don’t see the same options as step three here:

Is there a step I’m missing or do I need to be on a paid plan to use the hidden fields?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JuliannaYY Ah! Glad you were able to find those. The URL parameters you’re looking at are the default ones for Google Analytics, but ConvertKit has specific default parameters. In this case, you need to add them as hidden fields like this, which should then update the embed code for you automatically after you publish those changes. 

Hi @Liz 

So the hidden fields can only be recalled in the message to the user? Would I be able to save the information as part of the submitted form?

For example, I was hoping to have it so that:

1. The user signs up for my newsletter
  2. I embed the Typeform into my thank-you page
  3. The Typeform asks a question. Rather than also asking for their email (which they just provided moments ago), I would love to collect that into the Typeform from the values passed over from ConvertKit

Thank you!

Julianna

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @JuliannaYY That’s correct. It’s not possible to pre-fill answers with the data from hidden fields, but if you’re passing information through hidden fields, that will show in the results of the form (just not as an answer option to a question in the form). 

Hi @Liz thanks for letting me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @JuliannaYY ! Let us know if you have any other questions.