Answered

Payment Change

• 14 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Can you change the amount that you are charging through a typeform without losing or causing any issues with payments that are already attached? 

For example we have accepted payment through typeform for $475 and would like to now charge $375. Will that change or cause problems for those that have already paid? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 July 2021, 00:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hphillips This is a great question. As long as you’re not changing a question specifically, you should be able to change the calculations to update the payment amount. Our article here goes more in depth as to what changes would affect your responses. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Liz,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

If I simply edit the amount in the payment question all of the previous answers (payments) through stripe will remain the same? It will simply change the amount that is being charged moving forward?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hphillips Hm, I’m not quite sure I understand. Where are you editing the information? If you don’t mind sending a screenshot, that would be helpful! 

The 475 is what I would like to change to 375. But we have had 65 people pay 475 so I want to make sure that is I change it those who have already paid will not be affected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, got it @hphillips ! Making this change in the form won’t affect those who have already paid, thankfully! The payment is done on the Stripe side of things, so once the payment is run, it’s complete unless you manually refund them within your Stripe account. 

Let me know if you think of any other questions!