Answered

Performance issues with loading of WP page with embedded form

• 19 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

Having some performance issues when loading our Word Press webpage which contains an embedded Typeform. The issue is only on those pages that have a Typeform embedded.

https://www.wfa.team/partners-work-from-home/

Any ideas how to resolve? 

icon

Best answer by mathio 21 June 2021, 11:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Donie B - welcome to the community from  fellow user. 

I just tried the link and the page loaded up fine for me and took me into the survey with no problems. 

Can you describe in more detail what the ‘performance issue’ is, how you are measuring it to determine that it is a problem? Perhaps a short video of the issue will help us troubleshoot it for you

des

Badge

Thanks @john.desborough for the quick reply.

Seems to be a Chrome related issue...basically there’s a delayed loading time for those pages incl. embedded Typeform when compared to others.

DB

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Donie B - sorry for the delay, that overnight thing. 

i am not seeing any real  difference in load times across your pages - yes there is a fractional longer time to load a typeform page, which i tend to expect due to the call out to the TF server and return of payload and rendering. that, to me, is a network issue and not a typeform issue - my opinion only!

and i noted the same behaviours (consistent) between chrome, IE, Edge and firefox….

@picsoung from Typeform might have a more insightful comment - he is a true tech wizard!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, it is possible that embedding an inline typeform into your page will result in slightly worse page load times. This is mostly visible on mobile devices and if you are running some kind of page speed analysis software.

An alternative solution could be embedding as popup, that way the page load speed is not affected, since the typeform is loaded later in the flow.

If popup embed does not fit your page layout and the typeform is somewhere further down the page (“below the fold”) you can embed it when user scrolls to respective section of the page with JavaScript. Or simpler approach would be to just wait a fixed number of seconds (3-5) before you embed the typeform. Your page will load before your typeform does and it should also not affect any metrics.