Answered

Phone Number value to Zapier

• 24 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi pros 👋🏻

I’m trying to build a form that asks users for their phone number, then automatically sends them a welcome text to them once they enter it. 

Zapier can’t seem to find the phone number value from Typeform. Is this doable?

If it helps, I’m integrating with SimpleText to send the message, which works fine when I enter a phone number manually. Just can’t seem to replace that with the phone number values that come out of the Typeform.

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 February 2022, 18:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @thebreeze Thanks for stopping by! Looking at the screenshot, I see both of these fields: 

When you’re using the fields, have you submitted a form that has a phone value in the answers? If not, it might help to submit a form with the phone field filled in and then refresh the values in Zapier. 

Badge +5

Hey @thebreeze , how did you get along? Assuming it’s all working fine now? Keep us posted.  

Hey @thebreeze , how did you get along? Assuming it’s all working fine now? Keep us posted.  

The problem seemed to go away when I switched to a different SMS service, although thinking back, Liz’s answer may have been the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @thebreeze , how did you get along? Assuming it’s all working fine now? Keep us posted.  

The problem seemed to go away when I switched to a different SMS service, although thinking back, Liz’s answer may have been the issue. 

SMS providers usually expect a phone number to be formatted like +[country code][rest of phone number]

It’s not recommended to use short text to collect phone numbers, because your respondents might not follow this format.
Instead use the “phone number” question, it supports a lot of countries.