PowerAutomate works a treat (kind of)

• 1 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

TypeForm comes in as a standard (ie. not Premium) PowerAutomate connector.

To get the responses out properly, one has to dive into the Expressions a bit depending on type of a question (some provide the answer as a value, other as a label) but ultimately offers a great alternative to other automation platforms if you need to do more then just load your spreadsheet with them. Especially if you already have MS365 subscription on your company and need more power and no task limits for your automation logic compare to Zapier etc.

My test scenario involved setting up multi-conditional logic that resulted in three separate paths depending on response and variable output conditions, all three firing different notification emails to responders as well as triggering appropriate Excel scripts to auto-shift things around a bit to save the team some mundane process work. Works a treat!

Anybody else tried it yet?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @WAD thanks for posting this! Your setup sounds really interesting. Would you mind sharing more about what you’ve got built? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey! 

I would love some help on this piece “To get the responses out properly, one has to dive into the Expressions a bit depending on type of a question (some provide the answer as a value, other as a label) “. I am struggling with doing that. Do you use parse function? You help would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@WAD If you happen to have any ideas to help @Brent Davidoff , that would be so helpful!