Answered

Ranking Leaderboard

• 22 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, what is the best integration app or method to create a rankings leaderboard based on individuals completing an online typeform test. I need a rankings leaderboard that will show the test takers name, total time taken to complete the test and the final score? Is this possible? I have really struggled finding an online application i could connect with the data from Typeform - the data and rankings must update automatically as new participants complete the test. Would appreciate any guidance here. See example at the bottom of this page: https://thellpa.com/awsome-skills-challenge/

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 22 June 2021, 14:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RetroRed - this comes from another user and welcome to the community

You could easily make this in Google Sheets using the Connect function to establish the integration. 

as the typeform is submitted and the data is transferred into the Sheet, you can have the dashboard created and available to share. The one thing that is not necessary available is the ‘time to complete’ as Typeform does not track this - if you are running an exam for example where everyone starts at the same time, then the submission time of the record into the Google sheet can be used as the proxy in the calculation ot determine the length of time (ie submission time subtract start time) 

just my thoughts

des

Userlevel 1

Hey @john.desborough thanks so much for your feedback. I have integrated the form with Google Sheets but this is not really a ranking list you can share with external viewers right? Maybe you know of something that will then connect to the Google sheet to support this front-end customer facing ranking leaderboard? Something like this that can be customized: https://myqtest.algebra.hr/(S(rsc0ki525e5lrt2fzqnlfydg))/llpa/user/svc/getLLPAResults.aspx?sg=NL_dev

I hope that Typeform would consider adding a timer for their online test options because in my case, users or test takers will take the tests at different times - (Global/Time-Zones etc...) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RetroRed - you could create the graph/report page that you need using Google Data Studio, off the Google sheet, and embed it in your web site - here’s a link to a support site at Google that talks about it. 

there are also a couple of posts in the community about it. You can do this just as easily in the Google Sheet and publish your data in a similar fashion in the web page. 

as for the time, typeform records in UTC , so it is relatively easy to convert against your students timezone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RetroRed Were you able to get the leaderboard setup? :grinning: