Answered

Run synch salesforces to update existing lead only once

• 29 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Hey ! 

So, I created a synch between a form type lead gen and salesforce. 
The typeform is send from a crm tool and a hidden field base on the lead_id 
report answers of the form to update fields of the right lead.

Everytime a lead submit the form, the status of the lead change to “interested”

But if after that, we work on the lead and change the status to “unqualified” for example. 
The next time the synch will run, il will change again the status to interested. 

Is there a way to ask the synch to run only for new answers ? 

thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by Liz 29 March 2022, 18:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @arthuraks Thanks for stopping by the community! I asked our technical support team about this, but they weren’t able to reproduce the issue. I would suggest contacting them directly here with more information on what you have setup (screenshots are always handy!) so they can take a closer look into this. 

We’re having the same problem with our contacts. After form response syncing, we had to make some corrections with the information they had given us. Next day, those corrections were overridden by Typeform sync.

When you look at the feed, you can see it is using the API user account we have set up for external tools and the change occurred at 12:01am (which is the Typeform sync time).

Is it possible to only sync a response record once?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mike_apf The integration can update information in Salesforce, but it will override anything that you already have in that record. 

@arthuraks I had a similar issue and was able to resolve it. The root of my issue was that I had an entry under Static Field Mappings that said that Lead Status should equal “New”, so whenever Typeform synced with Salesforce, existing leads had their Lead Status reverted back to “New.” Here’s what I would check in your Form Field Mapping (see attached screenshot for reference) if I were you:

1. Make sure “Check for Existing” is selected

2. Select form fields you’d like to use to manage duplicates

3. Delete any Static Field Mappings related to the Lead Status field and instead make “Interested” your default picklist option by going to your Salesforce Setup → Lead → Lead Status

Hope this is helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you so much for sharing this, @checkingspace71 !