Answered

Salesforce error: Exception: List Index out of bounds: 16

• 1 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I created a type form and have mapped it to our salesforce sandbox account - but I am getting an “Exception: List index out of bounds: 16” when I process form submissions.

Here is the error screen

In the form mapping I am attempting to NOT map one question - i.e. I have one question on my Typeform that does NOT needed get mapped to a salesforce field.

Any hints?

icon

Best answer by wpaliska 15 July 2021, 01:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @wpaliska Thanks for reaching out! How long ago did you connect your Typeform to Salesforce? If it was a bit of time ago, our developers had an issue with the integration, but this can be resolved by installing the new package below that will resolve the issue for you. 

https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t5a000000LrWv

Let me know if this doesn’t work!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Liz

I was on vacation so I was not able to do this till today - I (1) Uninstalled any typeform integration, then (2) re-installed the package and re-did the whole setup.

I am still getting the “Exception, List Index out of Bounds : 16 error”

As I said in my earlier post - there are responses from the form that I do NOT want to map to salesforce  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Quick update - I have narrowed the problem down a bit:

1. The "exception" error is definitively related to the fact that I "HAVE TO" map every field - I have one field (in Typeform) that I do not want to be mapped to SFDC - once I mapped it, the exception error went away. --> it would be really nice to have a way to omit Typeform fields from being sent to SFDC. This comes in handy if I want to send the responses to 2 places - SFDC and (for example) slack - when I send the response via slack I might want to include the URL to the lead that’s been updated - but in SFDC that’s redundant.

2. I have a different problem now though - I also have 3 hidden fields that bring (from salesforce) to Type form : First, Last, Company and Email - these are all required fields in SFDC. I use them to populate a "welcome" message when the Typeform first loads and to connect the responses BACK to SFDC.

3. Once the form is submitted, however, I get "Exception: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [LastName, Company]: [LastName, Company]" - The hidden fields are mapped, but at the top of the mapping (in SFDC) the text box is shown with the hidden fields, but no map (see screen grab)
Hidden fields used in the Typeform “welcome” screen
Hidden fields mapped back to SFDC

I can work around #1, but how I do get around the fact that Salesforce thinks the Last Name and Company fields are missing?

Thanks

Walter

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Figured out both problems with the help of your great support team (Thanks Scot!) -

1. You HAVE TO map every field from Typeform to Salesforce - there is no “omit” capability yet
  2. Apparently, if the Typeform is in a workspace that you do not “own”, it triggers an error when you try to map data to salesforce using hidden fields - the problem goes away if you are the owner of the workspace.