Answered

SameSite Cookies Issue on Typeform's End?

• 10 June 2021
  • 3 replies

On embedded Typeform integration: Indicate whether a cookie is intended to be set in a cross-site context by specifying its SameSite attribute

1. 9 cookies

1. Name Domain & Path
      _gcl_au .typeform.com/
      _gcl_au .form.typeform.com/
      _gcl_au form.typeform.com/
      _ga .typeform.com/
      _ga .form.typeform.com/
      _gid .form.typeform.com/
      _gat_UA-OURGACODE-1 .form.typeform.com/
      __tld__ .typeform.com/to
      __tld__ .form.typeform.com/to
    2. Specify SameSite=None and Secure if the cookie should be sent in cross-site requests. This enables third-party use.
  2. 5 requests

2. t2XXXii?typeform-medium=embed-snippet

t2XXXii?typeform-medium=embed-snippet&typeform-embed=embed-fullpage

Name Domain & Path
      first_interaction .typeform.com/
      tf_hc_articles .typeform.com/
      account_ids .typeform.com

I have my GTM container setting cookies at SameSite none / secure. Any assistance would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 June 2021, 20:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jupter227 Thanks for stopping by! Are you receiving an error message? Or any further information you can provide on what you’d like help with specifically would be great!

Yes. The error message is posted above, but I’ll list them both below, too. 

The issue is the same as described by this poster. We are trying to get the dataLayer event pushes for the submit button in our typeForm, but having issues with cookie setup. 

We have our cookies set to samesite = none, secure. Unless I’m misunderstanding the Chrome error we’re receiving, your 3rd party cookies are not set properly for us to use. As such, our GTM code won’t fire.

I’d appreciate any help with getting TypeformSubmit to push to dataLayer.

Error 1: Indicate whether a cookie is intended to be set in a cross-site context by specifying its SameSite attribute

Name Domain & Path
_gcl_au .typeform.com/
_gcl_au .form.typeform.com/
_gcl_au form.typeform.com/
_ga .typeform.com/
_ga .form.typeform.com/
_gid .form.typeform.com/
_gat_UA-OURGACODE-1 .form.typeform.com/
__tld__ .typeform.com/to
__tld__ .form.typeform.com/to

Error 2: Indicate whether to send a cookie in a cross-site request by specifying its SameSite attribute

Name

Domain & Path
first_interaction .typeform.com/
user_plan .typeform.com/
account_ids .typeform.com/
tf_hc_articles .typeform.com/
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jupter227 thank you! While I don’t have too much information specifically on how to adjust the settings, there is a great article here that can both provide an in-depth walk-through and explanation on adjusting this in GTM. Additionally, we have an integration here that can adjust this automatically for you as well. Let me know if those help!