Answered

Send Typeform answers to an MS Azure Sql database

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

Typeform newbie here!

I would like to send the responses of one of my Typeform forms to a MS Azure Sql Server database. I have access to MS Power Automate, too.

Now, one way of doing that could be the Webhook that is triggered with every form submission. MS Power Automate can receive the Webhook and then write the data in the Sql Server database. 

But knowing the above method may miss a submission if the Webhook does not work for any reason, I wonder if there is another way of doing this. E.g., does sending the responses to an Excel and then syncing that Excel with the database make of a more reliable alternative?

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 5 July 2022, 17:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mobedi Welcome to the community! Webhooks definitely sounds like a great idea for this. I’m not super familiar with Azure, but we do have our native Excel integration here. You could also see if Zapier has an option to send data over as well. 

@john.desborough do you have any clients that use Azure by chance? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Liz,

Thank you for the answer. 

Yes, I have worked with Zapier, but this specific client has already purchased MS Power Automate and uses it for their integrations.

I’m wondering which solution works best. If we only rely on the Webhook and Webhook does not work temporarily then we should find a workaround to compensate for the lost data, and it’s not always easy because the Webhook can fail silently. 

So, either we need to have (1) A sync with the Azure Sql database, or (2) Use an intermediate source like Excel to always have the data in and then sync the Excel daily to the database.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @mobedi  - sorry no clients that use Azure

BUT i always recommend that folks connect their typeforms to either Google Sheets or Excel (Sheets is my personal pref) as well as using things like webhooks - this allows for reconciliation processes to occur where the client can review the number of records in the spreadsheet against the target integration and have the ability to manually include anything that is missing. 

I constantly have to remind my clients that they are working in an ecosystem of ‘apps’ in many cases and not in an “integrated suite” and that in any environment that is browser/server based there is a risk of data loss due to one component in the process chain dropping a record. 

just my thoughts

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @john.desborough!