Session Recording - How forms are being filled in by users

• 21 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello,

Has anyone tried integrating Typeform with any 3rd party session recording tool? I find that we need more data to see how users are working with forms, to improve or find any mistakes, as we noticed they happen from time to time with typeform, upload problems and more, so tracking, reviewing videos how forms are being submitted would be really helpful. Thanks for tips!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ValdemarQ I’ve used Hotjar in the past, not specifically for Typeform, but to see how people were interacting with a website. The downside is that usually tools like this won’t be able to track embedded items or third-party items, like a Typeform. 

All that being said, there might be some handy workarounds people have tried to get this to work! Do you have a specific tool you’re thinking of using? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi,
Thanks for help @Liz
Yeah, will do some research and test out some tools, once found something that works, will share here, there is nothing specific on my mind, will have to try anything that is design for this task and see if it works :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @ValdemarQ ! I’ve only used Hotjar because it’s the popular one, but I’m curious about others, too!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Right, have tested https://www.smartlook.com/ seems to be working well for recording form sessions, so most likely any other tool would also work. 

Though we still have some problems with forms which have stripe payments, they do not allow google tag manager, so need to come up with some workaround for those...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ValdemarQ Ah, thank you! Were you able to use the service easily with the form embedded or have to add any extra code? I know with Hotjar, you have to do some fancy workarounds (that I haven’t figured out yet) to show the form interactions on a website.