Question

SFDC Case Fields not available for mapping

• 7 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I’m having an issue with some custom fields on the Case object in SFDC not showing up in the list of available destinations to map to in my Typeform mapping. The fields in question are the correct type to match up (they are text fields in my Typeform and text fields in SF as well). I can’t figure out why they aren’t available to map my responses to. It must be something to do with the field configuration within Salesforce, but I can’t figure out what the hang up is.

Any suggestions as to the full list of requirements for a field to be available for mapping to?

Thanks in advance!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ScottL This is a great question. Are the fields you’re trying to map to in Salesforce required fields in that product? If so, you’ll need to make sure these are also marked as required in Typeform. 

If that isn’t the case, any screenshots you can provide would be handy!

Hi Liz,

Sorry for the lag--had some other fires to put out yesterday :). The fields are not required in Salesforce. Some of the typeform fields I’m trying to map to the missing SF fields are required, but I double checked and the SF fields are missing from other, non-required fields in the typeform mapping too, so that doesn’t seem to be the issue. Here are a couple of screenshots showing the fields in Salesforce that I’m trying to map to, and the list of available fields in my typeform mapping.

Built-in fields from Salesforce Case object

Sad missing fields :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ScottL  Haha nothing like a good fire! 

Do these happen to be custom fields you created? If so, you may need to follow the steps here to be sure they map. Let me know if that isn’t the case!

@Liz, Nope, they’re not custom fields. They’re standard fields on the Case object, which is also standard. And I’m certain that the mapping field is setup correctly in the Typeform Target Objects metadata setup, because if it wasn’t then I wouldn’t see any fields from the Case object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ScottL I’ve asked our tech team if they have any other suggestions here that would help, but in the meantime, I’d also suggest dropping them an email so they can look at the backend of your form in the meantime. You can contact them from your account email here

I see that the deviation happens because of the wrong mismatch of the question data type. If the response is picklist data and the question in survey requires a text area, the field will not show up. Hope this helps.

Hi team,

Could you please share the resolution for this issue?

We are currently experiencing a similar problem in our Salesforce instance. Specifically, we are using TypeForm, and when we attempted to create Typeform Form Mappings for the 'Contact' Object, we noticed that the Salesforce Standard 'Phone' field is missing. However, we can see other Phone-Type fields such as 'Mobile'. Could you please shed some light on why this is happening?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @alex2023 Thanks for stopping by! I asked our tech team about your particular issue, and they let me know that, according to Salesforce’s own documentation this field is not called just “Phone” it is called “Business Phone” as mentioned in the “Description” for the Phone field here

Hopefully this helps!