Answered

Source tracking between Typeform and HubSpot

• 11 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi All,

Exact oposite query to this article: Typeform Submissions Not Tracking Source in Hubspot | Community I currently have a typeform WITHOUT ANY utm tracking enabled, embedded onto our website. The weird thing is that our website cookie notice pops up in the iframe of the typeform once on the site. It also appears at the bottom of our website page as it should. 

There are no tracking parameters in the code to embed. Now when you do the Typeform-HubSpot integration is states that ‘Source Tracking is on’:

But WHO is controlling that for embeds?? HubSpot says it’s Typeform and Typeform have so far said it’s HubSpot. Help! We have even turned off HS cookie notifications for the webpage that the embed is on - no dice!

icon

Best answer by EvoKneevo 20 October 2021, 05:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @EvoKneevo Thanks for reaching out and great question! When you integrate your Typeform with Hubspot and turn tracking on, this tracking is coming from the code Hubspot adds onto the form. 

@kabir.mathur do you happen to know if there’s any way to turn this feature off?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Liz Unfortunately, I don’t. The only guidance that we have received from Hubspot is to add the pages where the typeform is being loaded to Hubspot’s exclusion list, but it sounds like @EvoKneevo has already done this.

Badge

HubSpot have been able to replicate the issue and have thus far removed the cookie disclaimer from the iframe of the embedded Typeform. Unfortunately in doing so they have also removed it from our entire site! It is currently with their technicians but I am hopeful that they will come up with a solution. 

In your discussions with them around updates to the integration (as I’m assuming that a joint project) it would be good to mention this issue and also the tracking of embedded forms overall. The ability to edit the form names once in HubSpot and the integration fields after connection would also be great enhancements!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh gosh, I hope so, too, @EvoKneevo !

You should be able to edit the form name in Typeform, but the form automatically created in Hubspot can’t be edited. :( Are you using that form automatically generated in Hubspot for anything in particular? 

Badge

Thanks @Liz yeah we are using the form to generate leads across a variety of platforms, including our website. It’s just proving difficult to report on in a streamlined way as HubSpot doesn’t make form reports easy and we can’t change the name of them to something easily recognisable in reports! Looks like we may use another integration to pull the data through :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hm, the forms within Hubspot that are generated by the Typeform integration should only be used by the integration. Though, you can still pull that data from within Typeform!

Badge

@Liz what I mean to say is that the Typeform is being embedded on the website, but link-shared on social and veiwable through QR at events - not every share of it leads to the embedded form on the site, the latter two are going to the customisable URL version. 
I like that all of the data is viewable in Typeform, I just need to use filters on it and report on three typeforms at once, instead of each individually :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah got it, thanks, @EvoKneevo ! That makes sense, and I see why you’d want to see that all in Hubspot instead. :grin: