Answered

Stripe Payment Not Working

• 28 July 2022
  • 6 replies

I created an online ordering form an included a Stripe payment question at the end. It was working fine for quite a while and I was really happy with it however it has now stopped working. Anytime a customer submits their credit card details and clicks “Submit and Pay” it says This typeform can’t process payments right now. Contact the form creator directly for more info.

I’ve tried recalibrating everything but stills returns the same message. I even created a different form with a similar Stripe payment question and still no luck.

Is this just a temporary Typeform issue?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 28 July 2022, 04:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@theacademy - suggest you raise a ticket with Typeform Support at this link 

that way you will get them looking at it early in the day and when the Community Advocates sign-in tomorrow morning they can look into it as well.. 

cheers

des

I created a ticket and they told me to reset my cache. That wasn’t helpful. How do I make sure it doesn’t happen going forward?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What else did the support team advised you to do, @praval

I’ve got the same issue. I submitted the support form and Typeform was speedy in the response but it was not that helpful.

Thank you for your message. Have you reached out to Stripe? You can do so via:

https://stripe.com/en-ie/contact

These messages normally mean there's an issue of some kind with your Stripe account. Sometimes that means they need to verify a few details before you can accept payments. Other times it might be because they limit the number of platforms a single Stripe account can be connected to.

Stripe support will be the best place to inquire for those details. If Stripe confirms they don't see any issues on their end, please let us know what their message says, as that could help us narrow down potential causes.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Stripe looking into our account and said they didn’t find anything wrong and that the error should be on the Typeform side:

So I checked your account from Stripe end and I can see no reason for this error. "These messages normally mean there's an issue of some kind with your Stripe account. Sometimes that means they need to verify a few details before you can accept payments" with regards to this message you do not have any outstanding compliance or verification issues in fact your account is good to go. I know Typeform guided you along to us, but I'm sorry to say this would not be a Stripe issue. Looking at the error message you received it would not be a Stripe error message. This is coming directly from Typefrom. I apologise for the back and forth with this but as I said this would be an issue on Typeforms end.

It’s resolved! I was using Stripe’s test cards which I thought should work but they don’t. You probably have to use your own :/

I reached out again to Typeform support and they said the following: 

Looking at the screenshot above when the issue was initially reported, I can see that you are trying to submit the form while testing with a fake card number. This won't work.

If you wish to test the form with stripe, test it with a real card. You can reduce the amount to something between 50 cents to $1, just to run a test and then update the amount to your desired amount.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.
Best regards