Answered

Support for PWA and auto firing of popups

• 24 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi community,

Could you please let me know if TypeForm supports PWA. I need to fire popups on every page and these pages load without any refresh. Can TypeForm support it? 

Along with it, I couldnt manage to find an option on how to auto fire popups without the click of any button. I am not looking for any embed options. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by mathio 1 November 2021, 09:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @niganj Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by the community. The only way to have our forms launch automatically on your site would be to embed them on your site. It’s quite easy to do, thankfully. :) Is there any reason in particular you don’t want to embed the forms? 

As for embedding in apps, you can read more about the capabilities of doing so with Typeform here

Hi @Liz Thanks for getting back to me. Please correct me if I am wrong. I believe embed are for making the form appear on parts of the page. What I require is a popup to be fired automatically on every page. If the embed is able to do that, that’s wonderful. Please let me know if Typeform can do that.

Also please let us know on the PWA interactivity. Will Typeform support Single page web apps/ PWA? Our site runs on it and will not refresh on navigating to different links. We still need to fire popups when we navigate, 

Please let me know if Typeform has the capability to do that. 

Also, does the form builder support Arabic?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @niganj 

If you’d like the form to appear on every page, you’ll need to write some code that would automatically add the form to every page and/or embed the form on every page. Our advanced embed options do have an option to launch the form once the page has loaded. You can read more about the advanced options here

As for what we support in apps, have you had a chance to look at our docs here? While we don’t provide support for embedding within apps, the link there will share more information about what has worked prior. 

Finally, we don’t currently support Arabic, I’m afraid, but we have shared this feedback with our product team. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @niganj ,

if you embed a typeform into your website and set it to open “on page load” it will only open on page load, not when you navigate inside your PWA. Since we do not know which link click in your PWA is a navigation event, you will need to handle opening popups on your page yourself using our embed SDK.

For example:

function openPopup() {
createPopup('<form-id>').open()
}

function navigate() {
// your PWA navigation logic, eg. window.pushState(...)
openPopup()
}

window.addEventListener('popstate', (event) => {
openPopup()
})

Thanks for the update!