Question

Tagging in Activecampaign With Outcome Quiz

• 17 December 2021
  • 15 replies

Badge

I currently have a Typeform Outcome quiz and I’m trying to send specific emails to users based on their results. However the Zapier integration only shows outcome ID’s. How can I add tags to users based on their results? Like if an individual got the result “Mostly A’s” I’d like to add a tag to their Activecampaign account that says “Quiz Result A” then send them targeted emails based on their result. 

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @anniewright Happy Monday! Are you outcomes tied to mostly a’s, mostly b’s, etc? If so, I would suggest filtering the zaps but the outcome IDs and then sending the emails accordingly. 

Badge

Hi Liz, 

Thank you for your reply! Is there a way to see which outcome ID corresponds with which result (A, B, C, or D)? Currently in Zapier it only shows the ID number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @anniewright It should show the titling in the ending, and then in your logic settings, you can specifically see which outcome you have set based on the answers. 

Badge

Hi Liz, 

This is what shows up on Zapier. Are any of these “counter” values the outcomes? I see “Outcome Title” but it only shows up once. 

Badge

Then at the bottom there is only one outcome ID:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, I see. I think you may have to submit the form a few times to see the different outcome titles appear, but @picsoung do you happen to know this for certain? 

Badge

Hi Liz, Does this mean I need to keep testing the trigger to get different outcomes then set up the Zap that way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @anniewright 

This is currently a known limitation, we don’t show you anywhere in the builder the corresponding id for your outcome.

One way to find the id for each outcome:

1. Get your form definition by opening https://api.typeform.com/forms/TTtzkhFt in the browser. It will show you the structure of the form
  2. There find a outcome object containing all your outcomes
    1. Find the id for the outcome you are interested by

Hope it makes sense.

We are working on an improvement:
- passing the ref of the outcome to Zapier, you can modify the ref to something more readable

Badge

Hi @picsoung thank you for your response! None of the outcomes listed in Zapier match the outcome ID’s. Is there another way I can do this? Maybe with Active Campaign?

None of these match the outcomes like low (bb699f54) or moderate (de0a36a8)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@anniewright - if you did this as a ‘scoring’ quiz rather than an outcome quiz, you could determine the ‘winning category’ based on the highest score per category and then set a variable (for example v_ending) to the tag value that you want to send to AC. you should then be able to map the variable to custom field you want to use for the tag. 

just a thought

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @anniewright It looks like you’re viewing the variable IDs and not the outcome IDs. You’ll want to match the outcome IDs to the ones in the API call. 

Badge

Hi @john.desborough that’s a good thought, thank you. I’ll run it by my team!

Hi @Liz I think that’s the problem - Zapier is only showing me one outcome ID as an option, the others don’t populate no matter how many times I try re-doing the Zap. The present filter options for the individual form questions, the form ID, variables, and a single outcome, but that’s it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @anniewright Has the form been submitted enough times that each outcome has been received by a respondent? 

Badge

Hi @Liz Yes. Every outcome has been received by a respondent. Do I need to keep testing the Zap to see if I can get a different result? I’ve been trying to do so, but the outcome in the dropdown menu is always the same and there is only one option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Huh. I would think they would all appear then. @picsoung have you seen this with Zapier?