Question

Text not recognised in logic jump

• 20 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi there,

I’m running into an issue where text that is in the logic jump isn’t validating in the actual form. The logic jump is created in Zapier, so I imagine something is going on where Typeform isn’t able to match the two together because of the source.

Overview of the issue:

A solution would be much appreciated. I need the Zap for the form to be valuable to my business. It’s also taken a lot of time to figure out how to build the Zap that it scales, so I’m not open to moving to a different integration solution like Make any time soon.

Thanks in advance

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @brendanc Thanks for the video - this is really helpful! Do you happen to know if the zap is placing a space after the number? Oftentimes, it’s something simple like that that can cause the logic jump to not work correctly. 

Hi @Liz - afraid not. No whitespace. I’ve checked in Typeform directly, I added a zap to remove any white space etc.

I also checked recently for any text that was encoded differently with a simple text decoding tool online and no luck. 

We need to go live with this form shortly, how can we get this investigated?

Thanks

Brendan 

Here’s another example with some other things I’ve tested:
https://www.loom.com/share/7d1011efd2b94190988c93020fd866b5

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio have you heard any issues with logic jumps when they’re setup like this through the API? I feel like this might be the cause of the issue, but I also don’t have my own proof of that. 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sorry I have not created a logic jump via API in a long time and havent run into any issues in the past.

Maybe @picsoung has more recent experience with this?

Hi all,

Any other way around this?

For context, I wish to use Typeform for customers to redeem something custom, once. So the thought was baking redemption IDs into the workflow using Logic Jumps. I also explored having 1 form per customer, but the problem i ran into was while I could duplicate forms using Zapier, I couldn’t duplicate actions off the back of forms, as each form needed to be referenced in a zap trigger which isn’t possible from an automation perspective.

What other options might exist if this API is behaving unexpected?
Thanks