Answered

The connection with excel stopped working

Userlevel 1

Suddenly the connection with MS Excel (Office 365 - One Drive)stopped working after several months of no problem functionality. Any ideas, please?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 12 May 2021, 00:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Martin Huml. Happy Friday! :hugging:

Could you also let me know if you have done any of the following to the spreadsheet? 

• Change the headers of the document
  • Integrate the same form in two different Google sheet URLs instead of the same Google sheet document
  • Integrate two forms in the same tab
  • Delete tabs on the sheet
  • The target sheet has the same name as the typeform

Any of the actions mentioned above could break the integration. Could you try to remove the integration and set it up again in a new spreadsheet using the same credentials? 

Let me know how it goes =)

Userlevel 1

Hey @Martin Huml. Happy Friday! :hugging:

Could you also let me know if you have done any of the following to the spreadsheet? 

Thank you for your reply. I know that I can not change anything. We are not touching the connected files. We just copying them to different place using Power Automate exactly for this reason. It worked fine from November till March… :-( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Martin Huml how are you copying the forms over? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Martin Huml how are you copying the forms over? 

Hi Liz! Three dots - Duplicate. But my problem is not related to copying the forms. The form with a problem was working for several months...

Userlevel 1

Because I need to move forward, I deleted the connection and created a new one. Thanks for trying to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Did the new connection work for you, @Martin Huml ? :grin:

Userlevel 1

Did the new connection work for you, @Martin Huml ? :grin:

Yes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh good, glad that worked! If it does stop working again, let us know and we’ll be happy to take another look into it. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Martin Huml - i noticed some connection issues - not in Typeform but from other analytics tools pointing to Excel this week, that seemed to have been caused by a Windows upgrade.. 

one of those pesky things that happen from time to time.. i just had to reset the connections and they worked fine. 

des