Answered

Track several Goals on Google Analytics from a unic Typeform embedded on wordpress website (thanks to values of hidden fields)

Hi,

We use 1 Embedded typeform (SLIDER) on our Wordpress site.

THE STRUCTURE
1) 1 site with different cities (marseille, montpellier) + different activities (coliving, coworking, sport, restaurant) = manage thanks to the slug URLs on the page
2) 1 global typeform embedded for all call to action’ buttons ( = question, visit, call back...) on our site, with values passed on hidden fields.
3) 1 single confirmation page (one URL redirect on typeform)

WHAT WE WANT

We would like to set up multiple goals from the same typeform ==> naming those goals with the values passed on my hidden fields "BU" (activity) & "CTA" (call to action of the button) that are available in my embedded code bloc on my site.
Example: goals on GA "Visit Coliving", "Visit Coworking", "Question Coliving", "Question Coworking"... from the same typeform!

of the clicked call to action - eg. visit, question... - (available in the hidden fields and in the click text) and the activity where it was clicked - eg. coliving, coworking... -  (available in the hidden fields and in the slug url referrer)  !

WHAT HAS BEEN DONE / TESTED
1) On my form typeform, I have connected Google Tag Manager & GA
2) I received Events form Typeform 

3) In Google Tag Manager:
3.a) I have tried to make one goal "Question Coliving" in GA based on my GTM tag
3 .b) My GTM tag is composed of a group of triggers:
- "Click Element" to follow the call to action (available with click text) and the activity (available on the page path)
- "Vue page" o make sure the form has been filled in and not just opened or started: the confirmation page view!
=>The tag was never fired, when I tried to separate the triggers to see if they worked separately (just "click element" or "view page”) = they were fired
3.c) I opened a Google Expert support, after different GTM tests (follow iframe url, form sent, button class...)!

=> The support tells me that it's too complicated to follow for GTM, and that the only way was: "to implement a javascript code in the thank you page in order to be able to determine the origin of the form start".

Is there another solution?

Thanks,

Anays

icon

Best answer by Liz 27 July 2022, 19:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AnaysLauby Thanks for stopping by the community! From what I understand, the support team is correct about this, and that is because we don’t send all this data to Google Analytics to be tracked. I can send this as a feature request to the product team. 

Badge

@AnaysLauby Did you managed? I have the same problem. 

Badge

@Liz Did Type form have a solution for this? Is a big mis now. Have a good day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TimoMedia I’m afraid this feature isn’t on our roadmap, but if that changes, I’ll post an update in the community. 😀