Answered

Trouble collecting data from Klaviyo

• 8 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to collect the First and Last name and Email addresses of users in Klaviyo so that they show up in Typeform, along with their survey responses but nothing I have tried seems to be working. 

I’ve put first_name, last_name and email into the hidden fields and associated the survey ID into the klaviyo integration field. I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong here. Can someone please help?

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 March 2022, 16:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BraveStaff Welcome to the community! The Klaviyo integration built by their team requires that you have an email field (not a hidden field with the email) in order to pass the data into Klaviyo. You can read more about this here. You’ll need to add a required email field to your form in order to successfully pass the data into Klaviyo. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok I did include an email form but provided an email address that did not match the one I was subscribed to in Mailchimp. What happens when customers don’t provide an email address that merries up with what’s in the mailchimp subscribers? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, I tested it with an email field included in the survey and used the correct email to test it and it is still not transferring over the data so I’m really not sure why this isn’t working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@BraveStaff Are all the changes to your form published

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes it is published.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mailchimp works on a UUID, Unique ID which made this process so much simpler and protected customer privacy. This system does not work well and is not safe for our clients. Unfortunately, our client has moved from Mailchimp to Klaviyo and we are having to find a new way to merry up their data with their surveys. If this is the best typeform can do, we cannot use this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hm, in that case, it would be best to have our technical support team take a closer look into this. The downside is that the integration is built by Klaviyo, so it may be better to contact their support team (as we can’t see much on our end), but our tech support team can help navigate this if you contact them here

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are already looking into other methods as we need this to be functional asap. We do not wish to share the email addresses of our clients with outside entities so expecting them to enter an email address is not fair to them. The UUID method is so much more effective.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BraveStaff Definitely send Klaviyo a message requesting this feature! Since they built the integration, they’ll be able to implement any updates/changes to it.