Answered

Turning off Hubspot cookie alert banner on embedded Typeform?

• 11 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We just upgraded to be able to use the Hubspot integration which means we no longer need to use Zapier to get info into Hubspot.  

However the integration means that when the TF is embedded on partner websites there is a cookie banner across the top of the TF which looks awful and out of place. Its forcing them to accept cookies on a site they aren’t even on so I need to take it off. 

I asked Hubspot and they said to ask TF but I cant see any option to turn it off. We cover off GDPR in the text inside the TF and any cookie acceptance surely belongs to the site they are on, not on the embedded TF.

Help? How can I get rid of it?

Thanks

Kath

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 March 2021, 00:09

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kathdawson Thanks for stopping by! The Hubspot cookie notification is controlled by their tracking codes placed on the form when integrated. We don’t have any control over what’s in their tracking code, but they do have instructions here that will walk you through disabling the cookie notification.

Hope this helps a bit!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks Liz,

Hubspot initially told me that I needed to contact Typeform. I cant seem to get it to work so I pushed back with Hubspot who are now looking into it for me as I must have set something up incorrectly. Hopefully its just a caching issue and it has actually worked 🤞

Thanks for your help

Kath

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hopefully so, @kathdawson ! If that doesn’t work, let me know or if you think of any other questions, let me know that as well. :grinning:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Liz, I’m still waiting for Hubspot to find a solution, its been 6 days and escalated so I’m really hoping they respond today as its getting a bit embarrassing that we cant remove it.

Thanks, Kath

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hopefully they’re able to find a solution for you, @kathdawson ! If you think of any questions in the meantime, please let me know. :grinning:

this is SOOOOO annoying.  why can’t typeform segment tracking form fills and cookie consent differently.  

typeform hubspot integration seems to automatically overwrite hubspot cookie consent.

for example: i exclude cookie consent banner for X url via hubspot.

it works fine with blank page

i upload html typeform with enabled hubspot tracking

cookie consent pops up even with excluded parameters via hubspot.

TYPEFORM.. CAN YOU PLEASE SEGMENT / GIVE OPTIONS FOR COOKIE TRACKING and ENABLING SOURCE TRACKING.. 

as of now, it’s either I a do not track my form fills, or b track my form fills but kill my conversion rate because the stupid hubspot banner takes up almost half the page on mobile..

it’s sad that i can’t use your software with hubspot and probably have to switch to something more dynamic

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @astoogler Thanks for stopping by. As noted above, we have no control over the cookie notification in the tracking code. If you want to remove this, you will need to contact Hubspot. 

Hi @astoogler @kathdawson,

Saw this thread earlier and thought I’d come back with the solution I found.

In your HubSpot cookie settings add a second policy for the domain “form.typeform.com” and tick ‘disable cookies’ then publish.

Hopefully this works for you too! 

Thanks,

Maria

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @mhedges !