Answered

Typeform Airtable Problem - "Other" option in multiple fields

• 27 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

When trying to integrate a multiple selection question in typeform to airtable, there seems to be no way to spit out data from the “other” option if users fill that out. I figured I would simply link it to a long text field in airtable so I can get the other field to populate but it won’t let us do that.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Noorakit 28 August 2021, 06:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Guy Happy Friday! The ‘other’ answer option isn’t currently supported in our integration. You can read more about this here

A workaround for this would be to use Zapier or Integromat to pass the data to Airtable, and @Michaela might have some more advice on using Integromat to do so!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Guy I see what your are saying...you can also achieve it in other way if that work. Just make a option name “Other” and then put a logical question if some one chose “Other” in previous question then show this question and give them a string typing option what they want and keep this data in a .And that way you can achieve it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the workaround, @Noorakit ! Really helpful. :grin:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Liz  you are welcome

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey guys, hope everyone’s well and staying hydrated :blush:

So I opened Integromat to see how we could help. I sent in some testing data and it turns out I cannot see the “other” option answer in the output. It seems that there’s a limitation in the Typeform API that does not allow this :cry:

You can, however, still create a free acount and see all the fun stuff you can integrate/automate with Integromat.

If you’re curious to see some specific options, you can check out the features of the Typeform and Airtable integrations on Integromat and get the ball rolling :soccer::slight_smile:

Aaanyway, it’s great to hear that there is a workaround to this. Very helpful stuff @Noorakit :thumbsup:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Michaela  you are welcome