Answered

Typeform and Google Analytics

• 11 October 2023
  • 7 replies

I do notice many options for Events / Custom Events in the Datastream setup itself - it would be great to have more specificity on

1. Whether a new typeform-specific Datastream is required for setup
  2. Whether manual setup is needed for these Typeform events to show up (similar to how the dimension instructions are laid out)
icon

Best answer by Liz 12 October 2023, 16:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @olf Happy little Friday! If you haven’t seen already, our article here can walk you through connecting with Google Analytics and how to view the data. 😀

Hi Liz. I’ve already looked at that.

My issue is that I am not sure if a new typeform-specific Datastream is required for setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @olf Ah no, it’s not required, but it will ask you to connect to an existing one. Sometimes, people create a data stream specifically for Typeform, so it’s really up to you how to you want to view the data in Google Analytics. 

What is the cleanest and best way to do this in your opinion?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@olf I think it really depends what you’re tracking in Google Analytics! For example, if you have one typeform on your website as a lead gen form, then you’re probably fine using the data stream that already exists. But, say, if you have multiple typeforms leading to different ads, you might want a whole separate stream just to keep those organized. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem! Let us know if you think of any other questions, @olf .