Answered

Typeform and Trello - Help with excluding data please

• 13 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I have integrated a Typeform to a Trello board - every response gets pulled through to a Trello board as a card.

The Typeform is asking for the persons email address, pet name, and a photo of their pet.

This will then be pulled through to the Trello board, where 120+ volunteers will see the responses and draw pet portraits from the photos (we are an animal charity - it's a fundraising campaign).

ISSUE: For privacy issues, we can't have the volunteers see the email addresses pulled through from the form - just the pet photo, and pet name. 

Is there any workaround for this? 

I have included a very technical screenshot.

If anyone could help I will personally build a monument in your name.

JB

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 13 January 2022, 03:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@josie_2817 - welcome to the community. 

one possible ‘work around’ is to split the typeform into two separate typeforms that are connected by a redirect on completion (and a connection Google sheets where you could capture the email but not send it to trello.. here’s what i am thinking:

• form one - has the pet name and file up load questions 
    • you use the redirect upon completion setting to send it to the form that contains the email question and add the petname and fileup load details as hidden fields (not absolutely sure that you CAN add a file upload detail ie the file itself but you should be able to capture the name of the file - need @mathio or @picsoung @Liz or @Gabi Amaral  to weigh on that) 
    • change the ‘message text’ from Submit to ‘One last thing to add’ so that the user doesn’t think they are being passed from one form to another
    • this form is connected to the Trello board 
  • form two - has the email question and the hidden fields from the other form
    • create the hidden fields in the Variables section of the logic so that you have the receptor fields
    • have one field in this form for the email address for contact purposes
    • connect this form to Google Sheets so that the output has gone into something where you collect the email address along with the petname and file details. 

This is not a perfect solution if you have workflow built into Trello that would now require you to do something with the Google Sheet. BUT it does capture the email into a usable file for you and keep it out of the Trello board. 

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@josie_2817 The file upload will come through as a URL, in which you’ll need to be logged into the Typeform account to view the file. Hopefully that clears things up!

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough This works. I can confirm I will be building a monument in your name. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :grinning::dog::cat:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@josie_2817 - buy someone a coffee and pay it forward lol.. much better than a monument in my name.. 

glad it worked for you!

des

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough  will do. Thank you again! :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

​​​​Hey @josie_2817! Hope you're having a good day. I'm glad John were able to help you! 

Make sure to share with us your typeform, I'm curious to see how it is! 

All the best! :wink: