Question

Typeform custom variables not transferring to Klaviyo

• 31 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We have successfully set up an integration in Klaviyo with Typeform but are having a problem.

Not all the fields are being captured in Klaviyo. Specifically, it seems that all the custom variables set up in Typeform are not showing up in Klaviyo. 

In total we have about 35 fields included questions asked, of which we need about 18 fields in Klaviyo. About 10 of the 18 fields are calculated/logic based fields i.e. custom variables in Typeform that we are hoping to appropriately segment customers in Klaviyo. It would not be possible to segment them properly in Klaviyo without these complex calculated fields that determine which products/services should be marketed to them.

Appreciate any help or insights on how to accomplish this? Is there some sort of limitation on custom variables being passed? If there is limit on total number of data fields passed, we could try trim to stay within that limit too. 

Thanks
Umer

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @uadil Happy Thursday! Thanks for stopping by the community. Is this data being captured in Typeform? If so, do you mind sending a screenshot of how you have the integration with Klaviyo setup? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @uadil  Were you able to solve the problem? Let me know if you still need some help!

Hi Liz. The data is being captured in Typeform. Please see attached screenshot below. 

I also found an older posts on here where someone had commented that calculated/custom variables cannot be transferred via integrations. Is this still the case? Or perhaps I didn’t understand it fully and it is possible to transfer them? If you could clarify/confirm, would appreciate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @uadil Thank you! I don’t believe it’s possible yet to transfer variable information, but I would definitely suggest reaching out to the team at Klaviyo who built the integration to double check. Their article here may also help.