Answered

typeform events not showing in GA4

• 18 May 2023
  • 9 replies

We have installed Google Analytics 4 and Google Tag Manager. Everything is double-checked and is linked.

In Google Analytics when we search for the form name ex. EP1WxePW. We can find the form.

However, we don’t see the events that are mentioned in the blogpost of Typeform. (TypeformSubmit) What are we doing wrong? Do we have to manually create them via Google Tag Manager? In a related topic they mentioned that the same events are being sent as UA. Is this really the case? I find a lot of related topics that are not solved. 

Our events:

Can someone help? Thnx!

icon

Best answer by Seppe182 23 May 2023, 19:36

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Seppe182 When you go to Behavior > Events > Top events report, the Typeform events should appear there. You’ll need to filter this for your particular form by: 

• Category for your typeform’s UID
  • Action for “TypeformSubmit”
  • Label for the name of your typeform

If that doesn’t work, do you mind sending a screenshot of what you see when filtering your reports like this? 

Hi Liz, thanks for your reply. What you are mentioning is for Google Analytics Universal not for Google Analytics 4.

If I go to Reports > Engagement > Events I see the following.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Seppe182 Thank you for sending this, and apologies this took a bit to respond. The tech team took a look at the form, but it looks like Google Analytics isn’t connect at all, so you’ll first want to do that following the instructions here. 

Then, and apologies in advance for this being confusing, you’ll need to define the events using the instructions here. If you’re having trouble doing so, the tech folks said to give them a shout here, and they’ll be happy to help! (You can reference this post to speed up the process a bit, too.)

I realize this is not in our Help Center articles, so the tech team has a meeting this week to start documenting that in our articles so it’s less confusing. 😅

Hi @Liz , I had linked all the forms yesterday (GA4 and GTM), it was installed correctly. I removed them late last night because my client wanted to see where his conversions are coming from, and I needed answers. 

I used the video below (which was recommended on multiple other related topics) to track the conversions. I have installed 2 forms this way and via the debug view (GA4 and GTM) it works. 

I must say that I’m very disappointed at the amount of help we (Typeform users) get for the GA4 event issue. I know this is not your fault. 

I have read every topic in this community and the answer is always the same -- Read this article. With information about installing Universal Analytics. These topics go back 5 to 8 months. So I think it must have been possible for the tech team to come up with a ‘How to guide … ‘. Universal is also disappearing, so I don’t really get why you guys didn’t. Still, not a single useful document is handed out online via Typeform. 

We are a marketing agency and one of our clients wanted to use Typeform, we said oké, but in the future we will never work with Typeform again!

Maybe in the future, recommend this video immediately, so your clients don’t lose time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Seppe182 You’re totally right - we definitely don’t have good information in our Help Center about this, but we are working on updating this. I received an update today that we’ve got most of the steps worked out, so I’ll try to get a post out about this soon. (I also need to figure out GA4 for my Shopify store, too, so I get the pain!)

Would you prefer a video, step-by-step instructions, or something else? Let us know what would be the easiest way to digest the info so I can let our help center team know!

Hi Lizz, a video would be ideal with step-by-step instructions. Some information on how to track conversions in Google Ads would also be helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

😀Thanks so much, @Seppe182 ! Once we have that out, I’ll share it with you. 

Hi, 

Is there any update here ? I’ve been trying as well to follow every step of the way but I can’t manage to see the events TypeformSubmit in my GA4 events. 

GA is definitely connected as I can see some events pushed in GA4… but it seems that the actions (like the TypeformSubmit are not pushed...)

Any help on this ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @C4A We updated our article here to walk you through where to find that data. 😀

If you’re not seeing it still, do you mind sending over the URL for your form?