Answered

Typeform Google Ads Circumvention Policy

Hi friends,

Posting here to get clarity on how to best use Typeform on a website that we will be spending Google Ads on to drive traffic. The setup we have will be Google Ad → Website → CTA (to take Typeform quiz).

I’ve heard that having the CTA as a link to the Typeform link can be flagged by Google Ads as an attempt to circumvent / cloak - meaning that the Google Ad is driving the user to an external form and not the website itself.

Is there formal guidance on how to best use Typeform in compliance with google ads? We really need help here from some as getting dinged by Google Ads can be a major setback to a business.

Best,

Spirit

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 June 2022, 18:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sandiegospirit Welcome to the community! It would be better to ask Google directly about any specific policies they have, as they tend to change and they would have the most up-to-date/relevant information. 

Though, in just my wee-bit of experience advertising on Google Ads, I would say it’s better to add the form to your website because this would match your business name and minimize any confusion between the Typeform URL and your business name. If I were personally clicking on your ad, I would be confused if I was sent somewhere other than your website. 

For example, you could use the full-page embed to add the form to your website, which would still give it the same look as if you were sending them to the form URL directly, but it would reflect your business website instead. 

Hopefully that makes sense!

Thank you @Liz for the quick response, much much appreciated!

One follow up I had to this is if in the case of using a “full-page embed” on a page of our site, this would not in any way use the typeform URL but rather would use the URL of our site, correct?

Also, are there any examples and case studies of e-commerce brands or services for that matter using Typeform for conducting transactions as part of the user taking a Typeform quiz? For example, if we asked a user for their preferences on a shoe size and then prompted the user to pay for the shoe size they like using the Stripe extension.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sandiegospirit Yes, that’s correct!

As for case studies, I’m sure we have some in our blog here, but let me ask our marketing team if they have any with a similar use case to yours!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @sandiegospirit ! Our marketing team shared this quiz with me. While they don’t use the Stripe integration on it, they said it was a great example of an ecommerce business with a quiz. 😁