Answered

Typeform to SFDC Integration

Userlevel 1

The sync between Typeform & SFDC was working just fine i.e. lead was created in SFDC everytime someone completed the Typeform.  We made no changes to the form or the integration & all of a sudden today Typeform records stopped syncing to SFDC with the error 

Exception: Attempt to de-reference a null object

We are meeting all SFDC lead creation requirements with the data being passed from Typeform to SFDC. Thoughts?  

icon

Best answer by Ashley E 19 March 2021, 22:41

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ashley E ,

I can imagine how frustrating that is! Were you on a free or trial plan with Typeform that may have ended causing the change? 

Userlevel 1

No, it’s a paid version (premium), no change there.

Userlevel 1

Support says that the field requirements must match.  For example, we have fields required in Typeform & the field does not exist in SFDC & I did not map/try to pass this Typeform required field to SFDC b/c we don’t want it in SFDC.  Also in Typeform we made First Name required, but it’s not required in SFDC.  Is one of these the issue?  To me that makes no sense, because who cares if it’s required on the Typeform side.  All that should matter is whether SFDC requires it…  All SFDC required fields are required fields in Typeform, so we are meeting all SFDC requirements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m not sure, Ashley. I’m tagging @Liz and @Mariana to see how their extreme resourcefulness can help you.

Sorry I wasn’t much help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I agree the ‘required’ field on the TF side shouldn’t matter if the ‘push’ of data is flowing to SFDC. Not sure on those requirements and why it would change now vs. when you created the initial integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ashley E If you’re requiring the response to be submitted in Typeform, you’ll want to be sure that field is mapped in Salesforce, too. If that doesn’t solve the issue, please let me know!

Userlevel 1

Support was able to determine the issue = when your Typeform multiple choice has Other as a picklist value & you have the Typeform “Other” option toggled on, you must sync this to SFDC = known inconsistency/bug.  You do not have to sync all required Typeform fields to SFDC, unless of course the field is required within SFDC for the record creation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Ashley E glad you were able to find the answer! Thanks for sharing it here, too! :grinning:

Create a custom object in SF and trying to create mapping. I get this error message in “Attempt to de-reference a null object”

• Do not have any multiply choice question on TF form
  • All field types match in SF and TF

Any suggestions?  

Also how does TF handle the required custom object field “Name”? It has to be an auto number or text with 80 characters?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @EBJ I’ve added your post here where we have some possible solutions. 😀