Answered

Use Google Drive links for File Upload

• 16 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, I’d like to use Google Drive links, instead of Typeform links, to access uploaded files. Right now, I send responses to a Google Sheet and uploads to Google Drive; I’d like to have the Drive link populate in the Sheet. Is it possible?

icon

Best answer by Liz 18 October 2021, 16:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rajado.insolado In our native integration, this isn’t possible. I can’t directly think of an easy way to connect the two, but possibly @picsoung might be familiar with a solution for this? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Yes. I am also interested in this solution, as we are seeing that typeform storage is not enough, and we need to connect to Google Drive or some other storage, but the problem is that we need the links in the sheet to the file, otherwise we can view as we need it. Anyone came up with some ideas? 

Also does typeform has any suggestions how to overcome Typeform storage limites? E.g. get more storage somehow or direct uploads to gdrive with link as mentioned above?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ValdemarQ We don’t currently have a workaround for this, but if there are any changes, I’ll post them here. :grinning:

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks for the information. 

We store all date in Airtable, so I guess we could use some automations there to convert Typeform file URL to upload it to our storage and create a link.

Is there a way to check how much storage we have left?

is there a way to delete records, or files from records in typeform via API?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ValdemarQ We don’t have an option to check storage limits at the moment, but I can share that feedback with our product team. 

As for deleting records, it is only possible to delete the entire response, not just the file, but you can do this via the API through the call here

Hopefully this helps a bit!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

So how are we going to know that our storage is full? Also, what will happen when clients try to submit form with files and storage is full?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ValdemarQ We don’t have an option to see when the storage is full at the moment, but this is something our team is aware of. If you think you will go over the limit, then I would suggest making the API call above regularly.