Answered

Can I pass parameters to a VideoAsk response object?

• 24 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello there,

I am looking at VideoAsk as a feature to include in the customer onboarding process of my company.

I understand I am going to use provided webhooks to subscribe to response events.

Now my concern is about wether or not I can pass custom parameters to the response object exposed by these webhooks.

Reading your doc I found out I can use URL query parameters. I understand how it works for supported contact information properties (name, email, phone number). I am still in doubt regarding custom parameters.

In the link hereafter we learn that yes, you can pass whatever is supported by URL query parameters in general.

https://www.videoask.com/help/customization/4405766063764-hidden-features-in-videoask#h_01FE3V6CGN1ARMNYGKZ0MN1AR1

But then my question is if I were to use a parameter, say “internalId=123”, will it be included in the response object aforementioned?

Thank you in advance for you answer,

Aldric

icon

Best answer by Grace.H 25 July 2023, 13:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Aldric 😊Welcome to the VideoAsk community!

Yes, if you have enabled webhooks to fire when you receive a response to your videoask, any data that you’ve passed into your videoask by adding custom variables into the URL will be included in the response data that VideoAsk sends via the webhook. 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi Grace,

Great thank you!