Answered

Email address confirmation alert

Userlevel 2
Badge

We use Videoask embedded in our application to allow applicants and employers to exchange questions and answers. Today one of our candidates hit a screen asking her to confirm her email address.

Hi--I am attempting to record a video, and hitting something unusual. The record window was flashing on and off, then a new notice window popped up saying it was sending an email to verify my access? Could not complete video recording.

This is the first I’ve heard of this and as you can see in the screenshot, there is no email included. It says “We have sent an email to .”

Is this a bug? Anyway around it? I’m concerned it’s going to hurt her ability to land the job if she can’t respond to the employer in a timely manner.

icon

Best answer by Grace 19 July 2022, 12:47

View original

8 replies

This is also happening to the funnel and i can configure for it to have its custom css since its flashing on and off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dominic and @Paul Jew 

Thanks so much for flagging this, it looks like it could be a bug so we’re looking into this, will drop an update here ASAP!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dominic and @Paul Jew we’re currently rolling out a new email verification system, as there were a lot of unverified accounts out there, so you should only see this message if you’re testing the videoask as a the creator (and needing to verify your account still).

If you’ve received an email message to verify your VideoAsk account, be sure to follow the steps to verify before you continue use 😊

@Dominic this sounds like a respondent was getting the message though, can you confirm it wasn’t anyone related to your VideoAsk account, so I can go back to the product team about this one?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Grace Correct this was a respondent getting the message. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks so much @Dominic we’re looking into this 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dominic this issue should be fixed now, can you let me know if any of your respondents spot it again? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks so much! I let our customer team know and haven’t heard of any instances since.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Awesome, thanks @Dominic do let us know if they spot anything else happening but hopefully that’s the end of it!