Answered

Embedded video opening in new tab

• 28 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hey! I am having issues removing the “Reply” button from my videoask and having it open a new tab. I have checked out the help articles and don’t believe there any issues with my site or the code I have copied.

I would really appreciate help with this since right now, it is negatively impacting the overall user experience on my site and it wasn’t happening at first.

icon

Best answer by Grace 29 April 2024, 16:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Obioha Okereke welcome to the community 😊

This normally happens if a website doesn’t have a valid SSL certificate or if there’s an issue with camera and microphone permissions - what website builder are you using? 

Did you copy the code directly from your videoask and insert into the page or have you made any adjustments? 

Hello @Grace! Thanks for the response. I copied the code directly and I am using Thinkific!

I checked and I appear to have a valid SSL certificate along with camera and microphone permissions.

I copied the code and then inserted it into a “embded code” section of my webpage: https://collegemoneyhabits.thinkific.com/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Obioha Okereke thanks for sharing the link, are you using the open-ended answer type somewhere within the videoask? (so they have to reply to you with video/audio or text) 

@Grace - I looked through and yes it looks as though there was one question with an open-ended answer. I changed it so that is no longer the case! I just refreshed the page and no longer see the “Reply” button.

Thanks so much for the help!!!!! I have been trrying to figure this out for weeks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No worries @Obioha Okereke 😊 it looked like the camera and microphone settings were missing from the embed code, I’m not too familiar with Thinkific but it could be that they were blocking that element. If it’s not important then great, but if you want to add that on in the future it might be worth speaking to Thinkific support to double check!