Answered

Facebook Ad Conversion Events

• 26 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve gone ahead and added my Facebook pixel to one of my video asks, and I’d like to be able to create a conversion event when someone submits their contact information.

What’s the next step here? I’m not sure how to create a custom conversion event with VideoAsk - thank you!

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 26 April 2023, 14:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @AdamL8773 thanks for stopping by!

I am not an expert in Facebook Pixel, but I think in terms of creating custom events, that’s something you need to do in your Meta Ads Manager account. I believe from there you can create events for your pixel. 

@andrew_videoask might be able to help a bit further - or hopefully another kind Community member! 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AdamL8773!

While we don’t currently support custom conversion events, we do provide a conversion event that achieves exactly what you’re looking for. The conversion event is called generate_lead

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @andrew_videoask  - should I see generate_lead conversion event in here? I’ve connected my pixel to the video ask form, but I don’t see anything new in custom conversions. Any help is greatly appreciated - thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AdamL8773, I haven’t personally configured this before in Ads Manager so I’m not 100% certain.

If you’ve already sent through some test data as a respondent and don’t see the event listed, I’d try creating a custom conversion. What happens when you click that?