Answered

Google Analytics 4 event measurement issue with Google Tag Manager

• 11 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello!

To measure events and conversions for a form embedded on my website, I plugged in my Google Tag Manager container in the VideoAsk form's settings. I have several problems. I configured the GA4 event tags using GTM and to fire the custom event triggers indicated by VideoAsk (videoask_question_submitted,generate_lead, etc,), however when I go to the preview in GTM, even though I can see the events in the summary, and that the labels are also triggered, the events do not reach GA4, neither in the real-time report, nor in Debguw View and they are not registered in 24 or 48 hours either. It just doesn't happen. It strikes me that when I use the VideoAk url (https://www.videoask.com/f6dyay7ji) in the GTM preview, GA4 does read the events I configured (correctly, I know how to use GTM very well).
Another problem. I am not sure that when the container is loaded 2 times (as it is integrated with the video from the VideoAsk form), in the real-time view, it recognizes me as 2 users, perhaps because it generates 2 different Debug_Views since the container is loaded 2 times , all your labels with that.
The truth is that I am not able to read the conversions, nor send them to Google Ads, and it is a serious problem.

I hope there is a solution for this problem. I have read almost all the answers in this community, and so far none that completely solve the problem.

icon

Best answer by Jorge Leiva 15 June 2023, 16:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jorge Leiva, thanks for sharing your question!

If I understand correctly, the issue is that you can see the events firing correctly when you go to the videoask URL directly -- but the events don’t fire when you interact with the videoask that’s embedded on your website? 

As far as the events firing twice/seeing you as two users, this may happen if you’re configured GTM in both the VideoAsk Connect panel and in GTM. I prefer configuring everything in GTM itself.

Yes, but I already solved it. Create another container for the iframe and install a tag to send the events and in the container another to listen to the events in the main container. So I was able to measure all VideoAsk events

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Awesome, thanks for sharing your solution @Jorge Leiva!