Skip to main content

Hey, we've had some feedback that the replaying gif on the corner of the website is annoying on mobile. Is there a way that users can remove it? I can explain it and close the playing video but no way of closing the small circle. I can't find the option. Thanks so much!

Merv 😊

Tagging @Grace in case she happens to know!

Hey @youatyours is it a widget embed that you’re using?

When you customize the widget and grab the code from VideoAsk there should be an option to make the widget dismissable:

This should remove it from view - would that work? 

Alternatively, you could check out our Advanced embed options guide, which has some code examples at the bottom of the page - maybe Don’t display widget for people that have already dismissed it or Hide widget on mobile could work?

Would there be a way to make Videoask not show-up on mobile entirely? So it only appears while in desktop mode?

Hey @Emre Ok may I ask what website you have the VideoAsk on?

If you are embedding the VideoAsk on your website (as opposed to widget). Then there is often the ability to hide elements on mobile within your website builder’s settings (such as WiX, Webflow etc) Let me know if this helps!

Hi @Emre Ok if the website builder doesn’t give you that option, you can try the Hide widget on mobile sample code that we have on the advanced embed options article here. You just need to exchange your videoask url for the one in the sample code. 

Let us know if either of those options work!