Answered

How to send video viewer response to email

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there an integration that can forward / send the video viewer’s response to my email account?  

I understand that I receive a notification, but I am looking to receive the video, audio or text response itself.

icon

Best answer by Dan_VA 15 April 2022, 16:52

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @John Carlson thanks for stopping by!

When someone responds to your videoask you’ll receive an email notification with a link to view their response, so you should be able to see it from the email notification as well as in your VideoAsk inbox.

You can also keep track of responses by integrating with something like Google Sheets or Hubspot, if you want to keep a running list of responses outside of VideoAsk.

Hope that helps but let me know if I haven’t understood the question correctly!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Grace.  Thank you for your reply, but that is not what I was asking. 

I understand that when someone responds to a Videoask that I receive a notification with a link to view it.

What I need is to receive the actual video (or audio or text) through my email.  I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that?  Someway to also send the video, audio or written response that is going to the VideoAsk server to my email too.  I thought that it could possibly be done using Zapier, but it didn’t appear to be an option.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @John Carlson thanks for clarifying!

So for example you’d like to receive the MP4 file of the video message to your email rather than just the notification with link to view it?

Off the top of my head I don’t think I’ve seen a direct link set up like this, it’s definitely possible to use Zapier to send the video files to somewhere like Google Drive or Dropbox, I think you’d need a zap to trigger the download somewhere and then another zap to send it via email 🤔 

I wonder if someone else has set up something like this, I’ll do some investigating! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @John Carlson! How are you doing today? Were you able to check Grace's reply above? As soon as we have some answers about people using Zapier to get this done, we'll let you know! Wishing you a great day! 😉

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @John Carlson I spent some time thinking about how to achieve what you’re looking for... 

Using Zapier you could create an automation/zap to trigger an email to yourself once a response is submitted to your videoask that includes details from the response including - Name, Email, Answers to each step, Transcriptions of Audio/Video responses, and even links to access the audio and video answers/files.

I created an eight-step videoask to show you what I’m thinking, have a look: 

I’d love to know if this is in line with what you’re thinking or if you have any follow up questions! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dan that was awesome!  Thank you for not only solving, but explaining the process.  John

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dan that was awesome!  Thank you for not only solving, but explaining the process.  John

I’m so glad to hear that John! 

By the way, thanks for sharing the question here in the community, I hope other folks who are looking for the same type of solution will be able to stumble upon this in the future! 

Looking forward to seeing more of what you’re doing with VideoAsk! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great idea @Dan_VA thanks so much for sharing a walkthrough, this’ll be super useful for checking responses via email on the go! 🙌

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Dan_VA  

Just getting round to implementing your instructions and seem to have run into a snag that I am hoping you can help me with?

In your video you connected VA with Gmail through Zapier.  I am using Outlook.

In trying to follow your script I noticed that in the Outlook portion of Zapier there was not an email option for “from”, but only “to” .  I input “contact” (my contact) in the to space, but now the resulting email with transcript (which worked, thank you) is sent to whatever email address I input on the contact form at the end of the VA instead of to my business email account as desired.  Any thoughts on how to fix?  

John

Userlevel 3
Badge

Let me poke around with this in Zapier a bit. I don’t know that I’ll be able to test with Outlook as I don’t have an account, but I may still be able to test some theories.

My first thought is: what if, instead of using the “contact” field from the VideoAsk data, you simply typed in your target email address (your business email address) so that Zapier doesn’t dynamically update this field based on the response data but instead always used the info you typed in. 

I’ll see if I can test a bit, but let me know if that makes sense or if you test anything else. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I will give it a try

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Dan.  That did the trick.  Thank you again.  John

Userlevel 3
Badge

Amazing! So glad to hear that. 

Have fun with this new notification system and be sure to come back here in a few weeks to let us know how it’s working for you; I’d love to share your experience with our development team to see if improvements can be made to our native notification system, too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @John Carlson! How are you doing today? Just wondering how VideoAsk is working for you! Also, feel free to send us some of your videoasks so we can give you some helpful feedback! Wishing you a great day! 🌞