Question

I don't see events at Google Analytics

• 13 February 2023
  • 12 replies

Hello,

I did exactly what is described in the article on Google Analytics; namely, 1. Linked my Google Tag Manager account, 2. Linked my Google Analytics 4, but still didn't see any of the four recommended events in Google Analytics 4.

I’m confident I am linking my account correctly.
What am I missing? Does this functionality still work?

many thanks in advance!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Artem Daniliants good question, as far as we’re aware the Google Analytics integration is currently working.

When you send a test response via the videoask do you see anything appear under reports and the events tab? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Artem Daniliants, make sure you look at the real-time analytics to see the events that fire.

I believe you won’t see any metrics in your “regular” analytics view until 24 hours later.

Hi @andrew_videoask and @Grace

Thank you for your responds!
The problem is that I connected VideoAsk to GA4 a month ago and I still cannot see any of these events (videoask_presented, videoask_question_submitted, videoask_submitted, generate_lead) on Analytics. 
I have only these events:

Also, I send a test respond via VideoAsk and I couldn’t see any data in the GA4 real time report. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Artem Daniliants Hmm. Can you send over a screen recording (using something like Loom)?

It would be great to get a more detailed overview of your setup.

​Hi @andrew_videoask. Sure, here it is. I hope this will help you to understand the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Artem Daniliants!

What happens when you try to create an event in the Events tab?

Our four events are: 

• videoask_presented
  • videoask_question_submitted
  • videoask_submitted
  • generate_lead

If they’re not coming through automatically, perhaps you can add them manually? I’m more familiar with Google Tag Manager than Analytics, and that’s how you configure it there 🙂

Thanks @Artem Daniliants!

What happens when you try to create an event in the Events tab?

Our four events are: 

• videoask_presented
  • videoask_question_submitted
  • videoask_submitted
  • generate_lead

If they’re not coming through automatically, perhaps you can add them manually? I’m more familiar with Google Tag Manager than Analytics, and that’s how you configure it there 🙂

So @andrew_videoask , maybe we need to do something at GTM? Now there is only this. Do we need to create some event or link something in the tags?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Artem Daniliants It depends on what exactly you’re trying to accomplish. 

What you can try is setting up a trigger for one (or all) of the events above I listed.

Then once that trigger is activated, you can fire a tag (and probably link that to Google Analytics).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Artem Daniliants how’s it going? Did you manage to figure this out? Keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

These are not events automatically tracked by GA4.

See “Creating A Custom GA4 Event In Google Tag Manager” here:

https://www.getfishtank.com/blog/track-events-google-analytics-4-and-google-tag-manager

​Hi @Grace. We try to fix it by ourselves. So, for now, we finally see just the videoask_presented event. But we’ll wait to appear other events in GA4 soon 

Hello,

I did exactly what is described in the article on Google Analytics; namely, 1. Linked my Website (https://bikerworlds.com/) Google Tag Manager account, 2. Linked my Google Analytics 4, but still didn't see any of the four recommended events in Google Analytics 4.

I’m confident I am linking my account correctly.
What am I missing? Does this functionality still work?

many thanks in advance!

Install the Google Tag Assistant extension for your web browser and enable it while browsing your website or application. This tool can help you identify any issues with the tags and their firing conditions. Regards and best wishes.