Answered

Include userid into the form responses

• 22 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello guys,

We want to embed videoask in our platform (firebase) and want to pass parameters like user id etc. with the response of each user. So In my response sheet I have the user id and the responses of this user without I need to ask the user his name or userid. is that possible?

Thank you for help

Gr.

icon

Best answer by Grace 23 March 2022, 09:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @samed welcome to the community!

How are you embedding the videoask into your platform, are you going to be using the VideoAsk API

thank you Grace

so does that work with the VA API? is there a tutorial for that?

I am embeding with iframe html code

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @samed if you’re embedding the videoask iframe code on a webpage, then you could add variables to the url of your videoask to pass information, there’s a walkthrough of how to use variables on the help center here.

It gets a little more complex if you’re trying to pass contact details through an embedded videoask, as you need to add the variables and adjust the code for tracking, you might like to have a look at this conversation to see if that’s similar to what you’re trying to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @samed! How are you doing today? 

Were you able to use variables to the url to pass information? And adjust the code for tracking? Let us know if you gave a try to Grace's suggestion above! If you did, I'm hoping it worked!