Answered

Integrate VideoAsk using Make Integromat

Userlevel 1

Hello community.

I am using VideoAsk in Make/Integromat.

I was wondering if anyone tried to use a “Watch Form Response” module, but with the Form ID input being provided into the module from another module, rather than specified explicitly. 

My issue is that I generate VideoAsks automatically through another Make scenario. For every such added VideoAsk, I also would like to add the “Watch Form Response” scenario, but the Form ID isn’t known at the time “Watch Form Response” is being configured. 

I basically need to dynamically feed it the Form ID of the new Videoask, after it has been created.

How can this be done?

Thank you

Boris

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 5 July 2022, 22:20

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Boris! Welcome to our Community! 

I'm tagging @Michaela here who works for the Make Community as I think she might be able to help you! Do you have any input about Boris' question? 

Wishing you a great day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Boris Belous, this is a great question!

I’d recommend creating two Scenarios in Make.

In the first one, you can simply watch for a form response and then add that Form ID to a Google Sheet.

In the second Scenario, you can use a Google Sheet row update as the first step/trigger, and then fetch the Form ID from the Sheet.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Andrew.

I am not sure this will work. The first scenario - the watch form response - needs to have a Form ID hardcoded. The Form ID cannot come from a google sheet, airtable or any other source. It needs to be a hardcoded string.

In any case, that Form ID isn’t known at that time, because the form (videoask) hasn’t been created yet. The form (videoask) gets created by another Make scenario at a later time. So, I can’t configure a “watch form response” module because it doesn’t know what forms will be LATER created.

I think Videoask needs to change the “watch form response” module to intake Form IDs dynamically from an array of of IDs. 

Thoughts?

thanks

Boris Belous

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Boris Belous Instead of using “Watch Form Response” from the VideoAsk app in Make, what if you use a custom webhook as the trigger?

That way you could use the same webhook URL for every videoask you create in VideoAsk, and then have just one Make scenario that receives all the respondent data?

Userlevel 1

Hi Andrew. Thank you for the response. That is exactly what I am trying to do.

The intuition was telling me the webhooks may solve the problem. Unfortunately, webkooks are a bit beyond my technical abilities. Can you recommend anybody who could help me (for a feewith this setup, particularly somebody with VideoAsk API and webhook knowledge.

thank you

Boris

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Boris Belous you might find someone up to the task over on this thread:

Also wondering whether @UnicornRoad might be able to help you with this kind of setup? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes @Boris Belous would love to help. Feel free to reach out to us at http://unicornroad.com if you’re interested in setting up a chat.