Answered

My second Zap that integrates Videoask and ActiveCampaign in not working

Badge +1

Hi.

I have constructed two funnels in Videoask, I integrated the first one with ActiveCampaign succesfully, but the second one even if it has the exact same steps completed is not working.

Can you please help me?

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 22 May 2023, 18:07

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Bienestartup welcome to the community! 😊

Can you give us a bit more information as to what is happening/not happening in the second setup? 

Are you connecting to ActiveCampaign for both videoasks? 

Badge +1

Hi,

It’s not triggering, I have seen all of the articles about this problem and everything seems to be well connected. I’m gonna send you screenshots about the editing part of the automation, and yes I’m connecting ActiveCampaign for both VideoAsks, also I upgraded my account for using the Weebhook feature that helped me once (it made the automation work) but here in the community they detected I couldn’t use this on a free plan, and this time that I upgraded my account but is not working.

Everyting seems to be fine. The two Zap’s for both funnels are exactly the same only that for different lists and automations, both automations in ActiveCampaign are active.

Yesterday one of my Zap’s worked and today it just stoped working. Now both Zap’s are not running.

I thought that upgrading my account I could use Weebhook and end up with this issues but I’m using it and is still not working.

I’ll be awaiting for your answer. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Bienestartup thanks for sharing all this, I’ve moved your question under the VideoAsk Q&A so we don’t miss it! 

Just wondering if you’ve had any error messages from Zapier to say why it’s stopped firing? 

I’m going to tag @andrew_videoask in here too as he might be able to give a bit more guidances on using webhooks instead!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bienestartup, thanks for sharing your detailed setup. 

Like @Grace mentioned, it would be helpful to see if you’re getting any errors from Zapier when the Zap is run -- or is the Zap not running at all? 

Badge +1

Hi! Thank you for your response.

Is not showing me any mistakes. Is just not running.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Bienestartup Are you sure you connected the Zap to the correct videoask? 

Also, make sure the Zap is turned on when you submit a response to test it 🙂

Badge +1

Hi.

Yes you can see those answers responded on the screenshots I left before.

I’ll really appreciate an answer that helps me to resolve this issue that doesn’t seem to have an explanation, also please check on the screenshots that sows all the editing part of the Zap so you can have the whole context of it. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Bienestartup Can you record a Loom video showing your Zap setup (even though we have the screenshots above), you answering the videoask to pass in some test data, then showing your Zap history?

Badge +1

Hi. 

I just did it with another automation called “Paciente Prime by Bienestartup” that was running correctly on friday and today is not anymore. I make emphasis on the Zap history that today is not registering the new email with one that I just suscribed wich is “hillaryandrea.roman.p@gmail.com” but it does with a previous one that is “hillary.roman.p@gmail.com” I also showed you how it doesn’t appear the new contact with the new email in ActiveCampaign, which leads to the fact that the automation is not sent after the register step.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for that, @Bienestartup!

I think this isn’t a bug, but rather a misunderstanding about how and when responses are recorded in VideoAsk.

There are three circumstances in which a new response will appear in your inbox/in Zapier:

• When a respondent completes your videoask in its entirety 
  • When a respondent partially answers your videoask but closes their browser tab 
  • When a respondent partially answers your videoask and stays idle for about an hour 

In the screen recording above, the response hasn’t come through in Zapier yet because VideoAsk thinks you might have been temporarily distracted and may come back later to complete your submission. 

If you went through the same process again and closed your browser tab after providing the contact information, the Zap would have been triggered immediately. 

However, in your example above, the Zap won’t trigger for about an hour since you’re idle on the page and VideoAsk is waiting for that session to time out. Alternatively, if you close the tab immediately, the Zap will start. 

I hope that helps clarify!

Badge +1

Thank you very much for your anwser!

I only have one more question because, I don’t want to loose any lead I’m capturing because of this, so I’m thinking in making three zaps with all the possible scenarios for triggering, is it ok If I make three Zaps for the same funnel? How does that work with the Weebhook part? Because the Weebhook feature has section for only one URL from the testing part of the triggering step.

Please, let me know If I’m explaining myself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bienestartup, so you won’t lose any leads using the current setup you’ve configured in Zapier 🙂

The only thing is just to keep in mind that the Zap won’t trigger immediately if someone partially answers the videoask and keeps their browser open. You’ll still receive their response and the Zap will trigger, it will just be “delayed” by about an hour.

Badge +1

Ok! I understand. However I still haven’t received the automation in the email and it was about two hours ago :( In none of the folders.

It also doesn’t appear here 

Badge +1

Hi. I have been for about a week trying to integrate my funnel with the automation I have in ActiveCampaign, I’m not getting to have it done even with all of the support I have been having from Zapier, neither here. So I’m wondering If I can have an automated response from VideoAsk to all of the users that fill the contact form of my funnel.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Bienestartup Do you see anything in the Zap history?

Badge +1

Everything looks successfully connected, but it only takes an old email, I didn’t used “hillary.roman.p@gmail.com” but “hillaryandrea.roman.p@gmail.com” as I showed you on the video.

I’m also thinking in automate responses directly from VideoAsk in case I can’t resolve this. Is that possible? To make a response automation to all of my subscribers to the funnel directly from VideoAsk?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Bienestartup 

If you go to the videoask settings you should see an option to send respondents an email confirmation:

If you toggle this on it means when someone that completes your videoask will receive an email notification to confirm they have completed it. Hopefully this could help in the meantime while you get things configured with ActiveCampaign

Badge +1

Hi. Thank you for your answer. Does that response email can be personalized? 

Also, I just wanted to communicate that the funnel was always working. But it only let me register one email per device. 

Everytime I tested with differents emails it sent the automation to the first email that I used to register. I tried this also with coworkers and it happened the same.

This is the explanation for the fact that Zapier marked everything “succesfull” but sending the automation to the first email I used. Did you knew about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Bienestartup the VideoAsk confirmation email can’t be personalized at the moment, it’s a relatively new feature so hopefully in future updates it will be customizable.

With the second point, I’m not sure I understand which email you are referring to? Are you saying Zapier is sending a confirmation email to the same address each time?

Badge +1

Hi. 

1. With the second point, I’m not sure I understand which email you are referring to? Are you saying Zapier is sending a confirmation email to the same address each time?

Yes that’s exactly what happen.