Answered

Pass Wordpress User Name and Email to VideoAsk

• 1 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m using VideoAsk on my Wordpress site where members have to be logged in to access the page. Since it will only be logged in users who can use my VideoAsk, I want to avoid having them to type in their name and email in the contact form. How would I go about passing the Wordpress username and email data variables to VideoAsk? I know how to actually set up the variables in VideoAsk, but I would like Wordpress to fill in the values automatically. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Grace.H 2 October 2023, 17:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @JimNYC 👋 Here is our help center article which explains how you can use variables to pass contact details into a videoask. Will you be embedding your videoask into a Wordpress web page?

If you’ve added the variables in the videoask share panel already, you should see some placeholder contact details added after the ‘=” symbol in the share URL which need to be replaced with your real customer details. Do you know if Wordpress have a code/variable value to dynamically populate the contact name & contact email address of your site members? If they do, you can then replace the placeholder contact details in your videoask URL with the Wordpress value/code.

You’d need to ensure that you update the videoask URL in your embed code to use the updated version of the URL which contains the variables. I always recommend testing the flow to make sure the contact details are being passed into the videoask as expected.

Yes, I know how to set up the embed code on the webpage and set up the variable URL. What I’m asking is for the code to get Wordpress to enter the username and email into that link. I know you can use the function wp_get_current_user() in php to do this, but not how to do pass that to the HTML link. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@JimNYC Unfortunately I’m not familiar with how exactly this could be implemented on the Wordpress side or what functions/code of theirs could be used. We’re only able to advise on how the VideoAsk side of this works. I would recommend reaching out to Wordpress support to see if they can give any more advice about whether you can use that function you mentioned (or another function) within a 3rd party embed code. 🤞