Answered

Pulling contact info into VideoAsk

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey team!

I am building a website on Webflow that utilises Memberstack. They have a walkthrough video providing guidance on using a widget that pulls contact information using Memberstack’s 2.0 API. The guidance on the following link indicates how to do it with a widget, but I was wondering if this could be adapted to an embed, if so could someone from your team possibly advise?

Here is the page that relates to this - https://docs.memberstack.com/hc/en-us/articles/10966251124123-VideoAsk

Thanks!​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Ash.NZ 16 May 2024, 19:49

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ash.NZ good to see you here! 

This is cool, I would imagine you could adjust the code for this setup and use the iframe embed option but we don’t have an example code to share. Have you tried reaching out to Memberstack to see if they have a tutorial for iframe embeds too? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks, I will see what I can sort in this regard. Thanks for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Ash.NZ, let us know how you get on!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Grace, thanks for all your prompt replies and support. I am trying to use a bit of VideoAsk magic and I am hoping you may be able to assist here. 

I have my VideoAsk currently setup with a button that then triggers a modal that pulls the name and email address dynamically from my Webflow site. However, I am ideally trying to also pull the URL address to ideally have this display in the VideoAsk summary page using some code / ChatGPT to implement the changes to the javascript code I am using. Ideally I am wanting to have it so all the information I have captured on my Memberstack / Webflow site can be passed over (meaning no need to fill out any contact info). Do you this will be possible?

Would it be possible to have this information pulled through perhaps in place of the phone number or product name? I am happy trying to make changes to the code to achieve this, but I am ideally wanting to know if there is a specific name for this field you know of (such as ‘contact_phone’ or something similar). My hope is I can pull the url the videoask is installed on and pass this through to the summary page. If I can achieve this I will be a very happy man! 😁

(Example below showing contact info I have extracted from the website - ideally having the URL on this summary page would be the goal)

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ash.NZ good to see you here! 

I’m not sure if I’m understanding this 100% so apologies if I’m wrong here! Are you wanting to track the source? So if you have the videoask shared in multiple locations you can see which place a person responded in? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can create custom variables to track or pass through information, but they won’t all show up in that view. We have a Help Center article here that covers the setup and if you have something like a source variable it will show up like this:

and then if you export the results all custom variables will be listed in the csv file.

Let me know if that’s what you’re looking for, or if I’ve totally missed the mark!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks @Grace The source option sounds like what I need. The main thing I need to work out is if I can dynamically generate this so that it can be passed on in a dynamic way relative to different pages that the VideoAsk is placed on. I am hoping so, but if not I still have the option to just add one step as a question to source this information. 

I will post my outcome if I can achieve it! :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Grace  just letting you know I managed to achieve it after a couple of further attempts! This info I can now obtain from the CSV export and as per below. I am just wondering if it would be at all possible for the team to expand the size of that dialog box so I have a quick view option on desktop without it being cut off. On the mobile app it shows without being cut off though. Very very happy to have this function - thank you immensely for helping me to achieve this! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ash.NZ this is great news! Interesting that the box expands on mobile, let me see if it’s possible to get it changed on desktop too 🙏

Let us know if we can help with anything else, and have a good weekend when you get there! 😊