Answered

Tracking Clicks

• 13 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I want to create a videoask that presents on the homepage that asking 2-3 question alternatives that are clickable - kind of a “what would you like to know today?”  I think of lots of questions but need to be limited to 2-3.  So I am wondering how I would measure the effectiveness of the questions.  What questions are getting the most clicks?

icon

Best answer by Grace 14 June 2022, 09:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stanley Denman welcome to the community and thanks for your question!

Once you’ve set up your steps and started to receive responses you’ll be able to track metrics in a couple of different ways:

First up, in your inbox you’ll see 3 tabs - Conversations, Results and Metrics:

Depending on your answer type, the Results tab could be useful for tracking clicks (especially if you’re using multiple choice or button answer types) 

The Metrics tab will give you an overview of how many people have landed, interacted and responded to your videoask.

Then the second option for tracking metrics is the Drop Off Analysis available in the builder area:

If you click on the funnel in the bottom right corner it will bring up the options to choose your date range, and then you can see metrics per step:

This could be useful to define how people are interacting with your videoask and if people are dropping off on a certain step you can then switch it up. 

We also have a Help Center article about conducting A/B testing with VideoAsk which might be useful too.

Hopefully this helps! Let us know how you get on with the testing and feel free to share how you’re using VideoAsk with us over here any time! 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you Grace!

I want to create a videoask that visit here homepage that asking 2-3 question alternatives that are clickable - kind of a “what would you like to know today?”  I think of lots of questions but need to be limited to 2-3.  So I am wondering how I would measure the effectiveness of the questions.  What questions are getting the most clicks?

Click tracking is a method used by companies to observe and analyze how many viewers visit a website, and digest its content, over a specific period of time. In addition to tracking the sheer amount of traffic and time spent on each page, companies can analyze how the visitors interact with their site

Say you’ve built a page, published a form, or sent a newsletter. As soon as they are out there, you naturally want to make sure people interact with them by taking action—the most common one being people clicking (or tapping) on something.

Enter click tracking, which is—literally—about tracking what’s being clicked (and what isn’t), so you can work on delivering more value to your users and get the clicks your business needs to succeed and grow.

In this piece, we give you an overview of the different types of click tracking you can use, examples of how measuring visitor clicks can help you learn more about your customers and increase conversion rates, and how to easily set up click tracking on your website.

Click tracking is an analytics feature that measures and reports where people click or tap on websites, apps, and emails.

Using software or tags, a click xoc tracking tool records mouse clicks and taps (on mobile devices); this data is collected and displayed numerically, visually (heat maps), or by individual sessions (session recordings).Click tracking software is used by marketers, analysts, and user researchers to attribute conversions, measure user engagement, and spot website errors and optimization opportunities.