Answered

Upload document to Dropbox from VideoAsk

• 31 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to use Zap to trigger uploaded VideoAsk documents to be uploaded to a Dropbox folder. I found a great help article on how to do this for videos, but for some reason it is not working for documents.  Anyone know how to do this or what the Python code would be (if that is in fact my problem)? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Grace.H 31 July 2023, 13:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @KWeekes7 🖐 Welcome to the VideoAsk community!

Are you referring to files uploaded using the ‘File upload’ answer type? If so, it should be possible to create a zap which uploads the file to Dropbox. I’ve just tested this (I was uploading to Google Drive instead but the process should be similar) - I located the file URL/media URL for that question and also selected the file name to be passed across too.

Where do you seem to be getting stuck with this? Please feel free to share screenshots/a screen recording to show us how you’ve tried setting this up.

Hello Grace!

Thanks so much for your help - it is up and running now. I was pointing to the wrong File URL this whole time - so it was user error.  It is now working in both GoogleDrive and Dropbox.

Best!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@KWeekes7 That’s awesome. Thanks for letting us know that you were able to solve this.

Let us know if you need help with anything else, and have a great day!