Answered

Videoask API send transcripted Answers to zapier

• 22 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I integrated VideoAsk into Zapier. 
How can I access the transcripted Text there? Only the link to the Answer is sent through the Webhook. I need the transcripted text there.

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 22 March 2023, 13:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Content Marketing Star, thanks for reaching out with your question! 

I just tested this in Zapier, and I was able to get the transcript to pull through (see screenshot below).

That being said, this format isn’t ideal because the transcript isn’t contained in its own field; it’s combined with other data.

If you don’t mind using another platform/Zapier alternative, I’d use Make.com. I believe Make isolates this field for you, which will simplify your workflow.

Alternatively, you could configure a Catch Hook in Zapier as the first step of your Zap. Then you could paste that URL that Zapier generates for you in the webhook section of your videoask. Doing so will give you access to many more fields in Zapier, such as the transcript for each step if applicable.

Thank you. It worked.

But when I added a second audio reply, the second reply was not sent together with the first. Feature or bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear it, @Content Marketing Star! So you’re using Make?

If so, you should be able to “iterate” over each answer (not just the first one). This is more advanced, but it should be possible using Make’s iterator and aggregator feature. 

Haven’t looked at Make yet. So there is no solution with Zapier at the moment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Content Marketing Star It should be possible, but because Zapier doesn’t make the data available in the same easy-to-use format as Make, you’d have to add extra steps that would require coding.