Answered

VideoAsk Updating question video upon form submission via API

• 19 December 2022
  • 3 replies

VideoAsk doesn’t provide a user interface for creating a new Form - unless you do it via Admin dashboard OR create a UI that grab’s person’s video recording manually and create a Form via the API.

So the “hack” I resorted to is essentially keeping a separate form - say “ToUpdateForm”.

So let’s say UserA owns FormA.

I ask UserA to submit answer to form “ToUpdateForm”. My server then calls the endpoint to PATCH question media with submitted answer media.

The result is that UserA’s FormA now has the updated question video.

Is this the right approach I’m taking or does VideoAsk provide a cleaner interface to create a form so I can just plug that to my user?

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 20 December 2022, 15:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ali Mir Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. @andrew_videoask may know a thing about this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ali Mir this is a pretty cool workaround! 

There are API calls you can do to create a step with external media or you can create a step by uploading media. Here’s the link in the API documentation.

Also, one of our engineers shared some supplementary documentation on how to create a question with media with the API, you can find that here!

I’m sure @andrew_videoask will also have some thoughts as Liz says!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ali Mir, I’d say you’re on the right path (that of least resistance).

Out of the box, VideoAsk isn’t designed to let people outside your organization update your videoasks. However, since that’s your goal here, you can definitely do it by combining the power of the VideoAsk API and the interface of a videoask itself. 

Let us know if you have any other questions or ideas 🙂