Answered

Archiving typeforms

• 28 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Is there a way to archive Typeforms that have been responded to? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 January 2022, 23:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @InThinking Admin Happy Friday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. You can delete Typeforms, but there isn’t exactly a way to archive them. 

One thought would be to create an “Archived” workspace in your account, and then move all the forms you’re no longer using (but don’t want to permanently delete) there. 

@Liz Will the participants be able to access the form after it has been moved to another folder?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MayLee If your workspace members are not members of the workspace you move the forms to, they won’t be able to access them. You’ll need to add them as members in order for them to view forms in that workspace. 

Hi Liz, Thanks for your reply. I am referring to the participants whom I had shared the link to the form earlier to complete the survey. Will they still be able to access the form after I moved it from Workspace to an ‘Archive’ folder?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MayLee Ah, got it! If you leave the form open, they will be able to access it. You’ll want to follow the steps here to close the form. They’ll still be able to access the link with this method, but at least they won’t be able to answer the form! The only way to completely remove access to that link would be to delete the form. 

Thanks, I closed my form. Although it will be better if there is a function to deactivate the form.

Before deleting it, is there anyway to download the form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MayLee We don’t exactly have a way to download the form before deleting it, but you could use the APIs here to grab the JSON of the form before deleting it.