Answered

Importing an exported typeform JSON file

I have exported from Typeform a JSON file with all of our surveys.  I now need to import them into a totally separate account.

How?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 10 May 2022, 20:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @advantary, great question!

I’m not aware of any turnkey solution that we currently have available for importing typeforms via JSON files. While you can accomplish this using our API, that’s certainly a more technical approach.

Assuming you need to transfer a handful of typeforms (as opposed to dozens or hundreds), I’d recommend the following workflow... First, have the other account owner invite you to their organization. Once you have access to their organization, you can click the “...” icon on each typeform within your organization. Click “Copy to” and then choose their organization.

This will allow you to duplicate any typeform from your account to the other Typeform account.

Thanks, Andrew.  However, this appears to require us to upgrade the account to allow for more than one user.  Paying to export and import is not part of my plan.

Why in the world would you allow export of the typeforms but not import them?  What’s the purpose of that?

Ultimately, all I’m trying to accomplish is to duplicate one account into another newly created account, with all of the forms.

Thanks for any other help you can provide!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@advantary - it would be a much simpler process to create a support ticket and have the Typeform Support team move the files from one account to the other. You will need to provide the email address of both account owners to confirm - if you own both accounts then it should be relatively simple for them to validate

Support can be reached at this link and they are pretty good at getting this done for you: i have used them several times in the past to move files from client accounts to mine and back again. 

Note: I think the extract to JSON is typically used by folks who are leaving Typeform and want to be able to port their files to other platforms. At least that what my research has shown

des